Sunday 10 February 2013

An inspirational Dinner...

So, the other night, whilst out with the girls, we decided to grab a quick dinner at Nando's before going to see a movie at Westfields.  During dessert, of course, we began debating who had ordered the best option and how good they were.  One of my friends had ordered chocolate cake, the other three of us had ordered cheesecakes.  Whilst personally I thought the gooey caramel cheesecake I ordered was fantastic, my friend thought otherwise.  And my other friend, who had ordered the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake didn't really say much, so we guessed she was enjoying hers.


So this got us thinking, what is it that makes a good cheesecake? Where did cheesecake even come from? 

At this point I was considering what a good idea this would be for my food blog, to explore the cheesecake! It is something I love after all!
As soon as I got home I began gathering my flat mates and friends asking who had any recipe books I could steal for the project!  I will be testing out different recipes and also some bought cheesecakes to find the differences and see which is better is terms of packaging, presentation and flavour!  As well as this, I will be sharing all the different memories that pop up with each recipe I use, and how food being such a central part of day to day life that it is bound to trigger these memories. And here we have the inspiration for the blog title; Cheesetory!  A blog exploring cheesecake and the stories and memories that are intertwined.
Cheesecake being one of my favourite things ever, I thought that this is definitely a topic suited to me.
The first recipe I plan on trying out is one of my mum’s own special recipes which she has very graciously agreed to let me share with you all......watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Good topic - I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were so creative to think of blind folding your cheesecake testers! I can't believe the value cake received the most votes. Honestly, when I purchase any packaged cake I also judge how good the cake might taste based on the visual of the box. Yet, I always by the cheaper one! Turns out, I might actually be buying the tastier cakes (or not).

    ReplyDelete